Browse F.A.Q. Topics
- Comb binding1
- free label design software3
- Safety data sheets1
- Toners & Cartridges2
How do I replace the battery of my Q-CONNECT calculator?On the back of each calculator, you can see a small slide with an arrow on it. If you push slightly on this while sliding it down, the slide will come off. Then you can see a small button cell battery which you can replace. Just take it out with a small object like a paper-clip and replace the battery.
Which binding combs are compatible with the Q-CONNECT comb binders?You can use plastic (PVC) combs with 21 rings.
free label design software
I’m looking for a label template, but it’s not listed in the software.Until we have update our free label design software, you will need to look for a compatible template using our template guide on our website
Is your “free label design software” compatible on Macintosh ?Unfortunately, the free label design software is not available for Mac. You can download a Word template on the following link and open it with Word for Mac or Pages. Please note that you might have to adjust the margins and the table width/height to print it correctly. You can also Google for the corresponding Avery template with the help of our compatible list. We advise you to print a test sheet on regular paper first, before printing directly on the labels.
How do I print different labels on one sheet with your software?After installation of the free label design software, you will be able to choose a label template from a list. Once you have chosen a template you can start making the labels. On the bottom right of the window there is a button "new". With this you can make as many labels as you want. If you are done, you can print them all at once on one page. The printing wizard will guide you trough.
I have a problem regarding stamps / stamp vouchersFor any issues regarding stamps, please call +44 121 622 8900
What’s the difference between a regular KF number and a KF number that ends with “A” or “B”The answer is simple: There is no difference! Sometimes KF numbers have a letter A or B or even C at the end due to logistic reasons. We can assure you that these products are exactly the same on the inside.
I am a reseller and I want to buy Q-CONNECT products, what should I do?If you are a reseller based in the UK, you can open a trading account with us by calling 0844 980 8000. If you are a reseller based in Ireland, you can open a trading account with us by calling 1 2572400. If you are not based in the UK, please let us know where you are located using the contact form on our website.
I am an end-user and I want to buy Q-CONNECT products, what should I do?Please visit the "Where-to-buy" section of our website to find a distributor in your country.
How to maintain a laminating machineTo reduce the risk of fire or electrical shock, do not open the unit. No user serviceable parts are inside.
- Keep your hands and the cord away from hot parts of the appliance during operation.
- Since deposits can built up over a period of time please clean the rollers periodically after use by inserting a folded A3 sheet of paper into the feeding slot of the laminator (folded edge first). The paper will come out with any residue present. Repeat several times to clean the roller.
- Never clean with scouring powders or hard implements.
- Wipe clean with a soft cloth
The laminated pouch is not completely transparent and/or the edge is not well sealed.Use the correct laminating pouches. Wait for a few minutes to get a higher temperature. Laminate the same pouch again to improve the lamination result.
Can I use laminating pouches thinner than 80 micron with your laminators?The minimum heat setting is enough for an 80 micro pouch and thus should be slightly too hot for say a 70 micro pouch. In reality this just might mean that the thinner pouch laminates not so well and you get waves in the plastic… It also depends on the quality of the pouch, so we advise against laminating low quality thin pouches as there is a good chance this might become trapped in the laminator.
Do you have templates for indexes and dividers?Yes we do! Please have a look on our templates page for indexes and dividers.
Safety data sheets
I need a material safety data sheet (MSDS) of a Q-CONNECT product. What should I do?Please go to the material safety data sheets page of our website. To find a material safety data sheet, just type in the KF number or a part of the description in the search box below. The table will automatically be filtered and guide you to the sheet you need. Kindly note that a KF number always starts with the letters "KF" followed by 5 numbers. If none of this has helped you to find the safety data sheet, we probably don't have it online. Please send us an email with a request for the MSDS, mentioning the KF number and/or description of the product.
How to clear paper jam in the shredder
- Switch the shredder over into Reverse (REV) mode. While in Reverse, the shredder will back up and loosen the jammed paper. If required, you may need to tug and remove several sheets to effectively clear the machine. When jammed paper is loosened or removed, switch back to the Auto-On mode to continue shredding. Repeat steps if needed.
- With stubborn situations where the reverse function does not help, you may loosen the jammed paper with shredder oil (cooking oil is acceptable, nothing aerosol). Start by drizzling oil into the blades where the paper is jammed. Let it soak for about 30 minutes to completely saturate. Return the shredder back to Auto-On mode. If required, a rigid sheet of cardstock (old greeting card, folded file folder, or a sheet torn from a cereal box) can be fed into the shredder to help push the jammed paper through.
The shredder runs in reverse mode, but not in auto/on modeWhile in “Auto” mode, the motor will not start running until paper is inserted into the feed slot. Set the unit to “Auto” and insert paper to be shredded. The sensor that activates the shredder in Auto mode is located directly in the center of the slot. If the paper you are inserting is narrow, it may not be activating the optical sensor. It is possible that the feed slot has become blocked with paper. Insert an index card or any rigid sheet of cardstock (old greeting card, file folder, or a sheet torn from a cereal box), directly in the centre of the feed slot, while applying force to help push the jammed paper through. This will usually clear any paper blockage.
The shredder has jammed whilst shreddingEmpty the waste bin and try reversing the unit to clear the jam. If this does not work, disconnect power, trim off paper above and below the jam, reconnect power and try alternating between reverse and auto until the jam clears. If at any point the shredder stops working during this process it has probably over heated and will need to cool down for 60 minutes. Please be careful not to exceed the maximum paper capacity and feed the paper in straight. Please be aware damage caused to the shredder by inserting too much paper or by failing to shred using a straight paper path is classed as misuse and invalidates your warranty. Never attempt to clear paper jams by inserting tools into the shredder or by opening the unit.
The shredder fails to operateIs the shredder connected at the mains and is the power turned on? Is the shredder switch set to ‘auto?’ Is the shredder located correctly on top of the basket? Press down firmly on the shredder head to ensure it is in the correct position. Has the shredder over heated? Turn off at the mains and leave to cool down for 60 minutes then try again. Has the shredder blown a fuse? Turn off at the mains and try replacing the fuse in the mains plug.
My shredder will not stop. It only stops turning the machine off.The shredder is designed to operate for a couple of seconds after paper has cleared the machine – this is normal and helps clear paper through the cutting heads. If the shredder continues to work after a shredding cycle and does not stop then this is either
- The waste basket is full. You should empty the basket or compact the shredded paper.
- There might be some paper stuck in front of the sensor. Try clearing it by reversing and then returning the switch to auto or by shredding some more paper.Please unplug and try to remove all residual paper from the blades. If you have an air duster or vacuum cleaner, you might want to blow away paper dust particles.
- Insert an index card or any rigid sheet of cardstock (old greeting card, file folder, or a sheet torn from a cereal box), directly in the center of the feed slot, while applying force to help push the jammed paper through. This will usually clear any paper blocking the activation sensor and feed entry.
Toners & Cartridges
Which Q-CONNECT toner fits my printer?For this question, please go to our "find your toner" page.
What to do with empty Q-CONNECT remanufactured toner cartridges
UK Please call 01635876900 and ask for the Q-CONNECT recycling program Ireland Please call +441635876900 and ask for the Q-CONNECT recycling program Denmark Please ask your vendor for a collection box, that contains instructions what to do when the box is full Sweden Please order a pre-addressed collection box via the webshop that contains instructions on what to do when the box is full Norway Please order a pre-addressed collection box via the webshop that contains instructions on what to do when the box is full Finland Ask your vendor for a collection box, that contains instructions what to do when the box is full Spain Please return to your point of sales Portugal Please return to your point of sales Greece Please return to a Plaisio store France Please return to your point of sales Switzerland Please return to your point of sales Italy Please contact your sales-contact. He/She will further instruct you